New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Things i can't stand...

edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Things i can't stand about Power Rangers.
1. Sometimes the villains are terrible
2. In the Disney seasons, they over used the saying "Let's Ranger Up" It got really annoying.

What are some things you guys hate or can't stand?
I mostly love power rangers but there is a few things i can't stand about it.

Comments

• 1.villains who seem incompetent
    2.rangers having seemingly perfect lives where nothing ever goes wrong.
  • I agree, that's why i liked Ziggy. Because he is different then most normal rangers.
  • Well, my personal list:

1. Bad acting(I'm looking at you Samurai and Operation Overdrive)
    2. Rap theme song in Disney's era. I loved RPM but I couldn't stand the theme song.
    3. The Zordon-era rangers. They're too perfect, its unrealistic. It got better as the series progress though.
    4. Incompetent villians - Rita, Zedd post wedding, Machine Empire, DIVATOX(Her brother is alot better, he should have stayed as a main villian), I thought the villians were OK after that, I stopped watching at Operation Overdrive, and only resumed in RPM, but from what I heard, that era is an exact American copy of the sentai's plot, so I'll assume the villian is the same. For Samurai, the only villian I thought was alright as Decker, probably thanks to the Sentai footage and Ricardo's acting(Which really improved from Wild Force).
    5. The alien ranger sub-series, they just took the Kakuranger suit and monster and modified it, but not in a good way.
  • Well, my personal list:

1. Bad acting(I'm looking at you Samurai and Operation Overdrive)
    2. Rap theme song in Disney's era. I loved RPM but I couldn't stand the theme song.
    3. The Zordon-era rangers. They're too perfect, its unrealistic. It got better as the series progress though.
    4. Incompetent villians - Rita, Zedd post wedding, Machine Empire, DIVATOX(Her brother is alot better, he should have stayed as a main villian), I thought the villians were OK after that, I stopped watching at Operation Overdrive, and only resumed in RPM, but from what I heard, that era is an exact American copy of the sentai's plot, so I'll assume the villian is the same. For Samurai, the only villian I thought was alright as Decker, probably thanks to the Sentai footage and Ricardo's acting(Which really improved from Wild Force).
    5. The alien ranger sub-series, they just took the Kakuranger suit and monster and modified it, but not in a good way.
    I agree with you completely on 1,3 and 4.

• Note: While I got nothing against rap(I just don't listen to it), the Power Rangers one are terrible, fullstop.
  • edited May 2012
    I liked the mystic force theme song and RPM theme song, the RPM theme song was more of Rock then Rap...
    You missed the best season from Disney, Jungle Fury. That season had everything. Awesome acting, good villains, awesome theme song, sick morph sequence. a Purple Ranger. good comedy. I've never laughed at many power rangers jokes but RJ's always cracked me up XD
  • I'll have to agree to you on that, I started watching Jungle Fury(after watching GekiRanger, I was expecting a failure, but I was surprised at how good it was), and its Disney's In Space, like RPM is to Time Force. Oh, Wolf Ranger is Violet, not Purple. But I still prefer Rio and Mele to their PR counterpart, and the extra "Spirit Rangers" kinda annoy me.
  • I thought the Spirit Rangers were cool. Violet, purple, pretty much the same color. Haha, but you really can't compare time force to RPM. No way. Time Force is twice the show RPM could hope to even be. Though i will admit RPM was really good.
  • No, what I meant is time force is the best of Saban's original run, and RPM is the best of Disney.
  • Personally I think Mystic Force & Jungle Fury are the best of Disney. RPM was good but not compared to the other two seasons as mentioned.
  • edited May 2012
    From what I seen, Mystic Force and Jungle Fury are a direct English translation of MagiRanger and GekiRanger, so thats expected(they actually did better then Saban in that aspect, Saban is trying to bring back the vibe of MMPR in Samurai, while keeping the Shinkenger plot so it doesn't work too well). RPM is done quite well for a completely new plot. Boukenger is only an average series(like GaoRanger), so Operation Overdrive and Wild Force turned out horribly wrong(Bad acting).
  • Well i never watched any of the Sentai of Mystic force or Jungle Fury, so i liked them both. And as for Wild Force i really liked that season. Except the whole "Never Give Up" thing got old after a few episodes.
  • Watch GaoRanger and then tell me how much you like Wild Force again(one thing that might annoy you though - Gaku's Engrish, trust me, it get on your nerves when you're up to episode 40) :P. The plot isn't bad per se(ehem direct copy of the sentai), but the acting is really bad, and the never give up thing is kinda overdone. What they did do well in that season is Reinforcement from the Future, which is one of the best team-up of all time for PR.
  • I agree, and Forever Red was really cool too.
  • @zyusouken and @Dubby, Wild Force had good acting and the whole "Never Give Up" thing wasn't overdone at all. In fact, that was done a little bit in some of the seasons before Wild Force and no one else really noticed it at all or they would have mentioned it. All the team-ups in Wild Force did was really improve the season a tiny bit.