New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers: Why are there 2 beings named Venjix?

edited April 2012 in General Discussion
PRWF: The Machine Empire's 5 surviving generals (Venix, Tezzla, Gerrok, Steelon, and Automon) plan to reactivate Serpentara and use it to avenge King Mondo. In the end, they are all destroyed
PRRPM: Dr K uses the Venjix Virus to try to escape Alphabet Soup, but is stopped before she can put up the firewall to contain it and it takes over the world. In the end, he is contained in Ranger Red's morpher.
Why are on Earth did they use the same name for 2 different villains?
Vid 1, 2: PRWF General Venjix (the black robot)
Vid 3, 4, 5: PRRPM Venjix Virus

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I don't thinkk anyone will ever know why RPM's 1st Producer named the computer virus as Venjix but I doubt it really means anything. Not the first time bad guys have the same name. Mondo has been used twice.
  • @MattEmily. Where can I find them?
  • Mondo has been used for a Monster back in MMPR2 (MMPR's 2nd season) - that would be Mondo the Magician.

The 2nd name usage of Mondo was used for King Mondo of the Machine Empire.
  • the episode matt is referring to is Story book Rangers.
  • This is what I'm talking about. They use the same name twice. Why?
  • @Dubby precisely.
    @PRThunder Perhaps the producers just like the name. I mean look at the team of heroes. They've used Mike twice. It's always possible that Eddie (RPM's 1st Producer) saw "Forever Red" and heard the name "Venjix" and thought it would be a cool name for a computer virus.
  • Would have been funny if it's name was Norton. XD
  • edited April 2012
    For the 2 Mondos, The Machine King should have been named Mechanico or something like that. For the 2 Venjixs, the virus should have been named Vendrix or a cool name like Virax. For the 2 Mikes, the PRS-PRSS Green Ranger should have been named Kyle or something like that. My ideas are good right? If you have suggestions about two people with the same name, please feel free to express them. Having the same name twice is kinda confusing. Here's are some examples:
    EXAMPLE 1
    Guy 1: "Hey bro. Let's talk about Mike from Power Rangers"
    Guy 2: "Oh Mike is is a really great Green Ranger"
    Guy 1: "I meant the one from PRLG. The one who became Magna Defender
    EXAMPLE 2
    Guy 1: "Man! Venjix is one tough bad guy"
    Guy 2: "At least he was destroyed by Wild Force Red.
    Guy 1: "No. A tower fell on him"
    Guy 2: "No! Venjix was blown up inside Serpentara!"
    Guy 1: "You're thinking of the one from Forever Red. I was talking about the one from RPM"
    You guys see my point?
  • I don't think using the name Mike twice for a ranger is that big of a deal. It's a pretty common name.
  • @DekaBlue That's true, but the bad guy names are a different story.
  • Not really. So they just decided to use the same name. It's really not a big deal. It's like how Z and Danny and Cam and Mia have the same last names? Who cares all that much?
  • i heard some rumors that the venjix in RPM was suppose to be the same venjix thought to be destroyed in FR. but who knows.
  • That doesn't really make sense. Dr K created the Venjix virus, so unless she somehow incorporated the a.i. of the original venjix, it just isn't possible. It would really be a stretch to imagine how she would obtain it in the first place.
  • Plus, the RPM world was in a dimension separate from the other Power Rangers world. All the Power Rangers except RPM lived in the same dimension, so there is no way that the Venjix Virus could have been General Venjix.
  • The only time having 2 bad guys with the same name made sense was in Power Rangers Wild Force. There were 2 Master Org. 1: the original, 2: Victor Adler.
    Vid 1: Merrick's Past and original Master Org's defeat
    Vid 2: Master Org/Victor's 1st appearance
    Vid 3: Master Org/Victor's true identity and origin
    Vid 4: Master Org/Victor gets overthrown by Mandilok
    Vid 5: Master Org/Victor returns and destroys Mandilok
    Vid 6: Master Org/Victor's defeat