New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

WHO WAS THE PHANTOM RANGER?

edited January 2012 in General Discussion
alright, i had a good theory that it was skull. because he seemed to like the pink rangers all the time. so my theory was he married cassi & they had spike. which was the reason Spike seemed to like the pink ranger in samurai. but that theory ended when i remembered skull was there "guarding" the bank when the phantom ranger stopped elgar & his goons. so theorys? thoughts?

Comments

• It was Billy.

1. Billy aided in the construction of the Turbo Powers in Zeo. He also helped in constructing the zord. I also think he and Zordon had contact with NASADA. Who helped in their construction or at least provided materials for it.

2. The rescue zords were compatible with the Turbo Zords. This seems to indicate they were designed to fit together. Only the creator of this could have done this. Phantom Ranger showed them where they were underground. How could he have known they were there unless he was Billy and helped construct them.

3. There was information they found in the Rescue Zords database about the rangers and stuff. I forget all the exact details on it.

As for why Billy never demorphed there or was able to survive outside of Aquatar. I believe the answer to that was the power crystal he had on his suit. Not only did it seem to power his suit, it also helped to keep him alive. Remember when it was removed? My theory is Billy designed this suit to prevent him from rapidly aging when not on Aquatar. Without the crystal, the rapid aging began again. As for why he would not reveal his identity to the rangers. He didn't really know the new team. He helped because it helped the Earth. But there was no real reason to let them know who he was.
  • I have to agree with Jam. It definitely was Billy. I think even at a Producer Panel at PMC2 (goes to double check) that some of the producers even wanted it to be Billy, but they kept getting into arguments and ultimately ran out of time before they could make a decision. But, Billy was not only the best choice, but felt like the only choice to me.
  • Jam, you're close.
    Porto found info in the Turbo Megazord databanks about the Rescuezords and Phantom.
  • I used to pretend it was Skull, as ridiculous as it would be.
  • I think you might be right MattEmily. I would have to go back and rewatch it. Too tired to do it at the moment. Not to mention I got to work later on today.
  • jam has a prety good theory. it makes a lot of sense. mine made sense too till i found out skull was there when the phantom ranger showed up haha. But the crystal part does make a lot of sense! i agree, i think it was billy too.
  • Jam, it wasn't that long ago since I saw it due to work on my site so I can remember it really well.

and yea, it'd be cool if Billy was the Phantom Ranger but I would also support Zordon's family being him - like his son for example.
  • i have a feeling it was billy. though it really couldn't be because billy married that girl from Aquatar & the phantom ranger had a crush on Cassi. so it really couldn't have been Billy?
  • It never officially stated that he went to Aquitar and married her. He said that he left to stay there because he didn't age, and he had fallen in love with her (or at least it was implied). People just say he was married to her.
  • I highly believe he married her. it would make sense, but still. i wish they would just tell us who the phantom ranger so we wouldnt have to keep guessing lmao
  • edited January 2012
    None of these! And what the heck... Skull?! No way on ANY planet would that theory be true! And then Billy?! Haha... I LOL'd at these theories! But I do believe it was Zordon's son! Go mini Zordon! Lol... Yah I LOVED his crush on Cassie! Lol... MY names Cassie and my fav color is pink! Hehe:) Those two were adorable! By the way, I was NOT trying to be mean or offend anyone! I just think those theories are... a 'LITTLE' out there.
  • Indeed, it was pretty interesting how they handled the whole Phantom thing... not to mention most of it was new footage. The only Sentai footage they used of him was the vision that showed when Porto discovered his weakness as well as any time he was in the Artillatron cockpit.
  • @Cassie...they're just theories....they are not PROVEN....
  • to all those who said it was billy love the theory but i can tell you for a fact that it wasnt billy david yost has gone on camera and stated that the reason they "killed off" the character of billy was cause david was getting tired of being made fun of due to the fact that he is gay he was tired of being called a fag by the directors and cast members and everyone else so sorry to say but it wasnt billy
  • to all those who said it was billy love the theory but i can tell you for a fact that it wasnt billy david yost has gone on camera and stated that the reason they "killed off" the character of billy was cause david was getting tired of being made fun of due to the fact that he is gay he was tired of being called a fag by the directors and cast members and everyone else so sorry to say but it wasnt billy
    We're all aware of David Yost's sexual orientation at this point. Whether or not David Yost actually did the body acting because he left is a moot point. We're just saying, if they could've revealed who the Phantom Ranger was, then it would make the most sense that it would be Billy. Everything you've said doesn't actually tell us for a fact that it wasn't Billy. For all we know, they were planning on having the Phantom Ranger be an original Ranger (fans point to Billy), but got in so many arguments about who they wanted it to be, that they ultimately ran out of time to get to a solid person. It could still be Billy whether or not David Yost had left the show. You don't really know anything in the case of the Phantom Ranger for fact. No one does.