New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Questions about the Power Rangers TV show

Comments

• As a kid, why does Justin grow to the same size as the other Turbo Rangers every time he morphs?
  • @vgiannell5 that'd be like asking why Doggie Cruger's head fits into a Ranger helmet despite his snout or why Steel could fit into his suit and helmet despite being bulky.
    It's Power Rangers my friend. They do things that defy science.
    This is the same show where ordinary human beings can survive in outer space without astronaut gear and robots can become human beings.

If we want to really go into it, then I'll just answer with my best guess. Since the power of the Morphing Grid has been shown to grant people powers in spandex and alter things down to cellular level (such as in Beast Morphers with Morph-X), I'd say that morphing into a Power Ranger alters your physicality and physiology to improve your chances in combat, just like how the Rangers tend to have instant knowledge on how to use their arsenal and fight better.
  • edited February 2021
    Did Anubis Cruger know S.O.P.H.I.E. was a cyborg and didn't tell the B-Squad about it?
  • @vgiannell5 I'm sure that's not the case. The B-Squad told Cruger about Sophie's true nature as a cyborg a little while after they kicked her out of SPD for prematurely assuming that Sophie was a danger to SPD because she was a machine and didn't reveal her nature straight away. Cruger was surprised though not greatly.

vgiannell5 what made you think that?
  • > @PRThunder said:
    > @vgiannell5 I'm sure that's not the case. The B-Squad told Cruger about Sophie's true nature as a cyborg a little while after they kicked her out of SPD for prematurely assuming that Sophie was a danger to SPD because she was a machine and didn't reveal her nature straight away. Cruger was surprised though not greatly.
    >
    > vgiannell5 what made you think that?
    >

I assumed that Cruger pretended to be surprised because Sophie told him everything about her true nature mainly for protection.
  • @vgiannell5 I don't remember Sophie telling Cruger her true nature. I know SPD found out right at the end of Part 1
  • Why didn't Cruger realize his wive was still alive earlier?
  • @vgiannell5 Because he absolutely believed that she has perished when the Troobian Empire attacked their home planet.
    He had no idea or reason to believe that the Troobians had taken her prisoner, plus he spent years "knowing" that she was dead. Its hard to undo that kind of thinking when that's been the definite information in your mind for a long time.
    For him, General Benaag was responsible for her "death", though Judgement mode said otherwise. We the fans would figure that that would mean she could be still alive, but for Cruger, it probably only meant that Benagg was not the one who "killed" her. Cruger was so convinced she was dead, that he couldn't consider that she was alive, at least, until Icthior said that she was, with Judgement mode supporting that. Since Judgement mode never gets things wrong, that got Cruger to open up to the possibility more, up to the day he was reunited with Isinia onboard Gruumm's ship.
  • edited February 2021
    Why didn't Tommy and the Omega Ranger (Future Sam) have their memories wiped at the end of "Wormhole"?
  • @vgiannell5 You mean why didn't they have their memories wiped?

Production wise: Jason David Frank wasn't there. They guy playing Trent the White Dino Thunder Ranger voiced the Black Dino Thunder Ranger that episode. They didn't have money to have a actor for Sam, so they have someone voice him and made the character a human stuck in light form, though that doesn't help the explanation much in the case of this.

In the show: Sam was already from a far future, so maybe it would've been pointless to erase his memories, unless they were saving that for when he went back to the future. Tommy, either his memory was erased off-screen or perhaps he was respected enough for SPD to leave his memories alone. Look what role Tommy Oliver plays for all Rangers by the time Ninja Steel teams up with him and others. He's a liason for all teams.

Honestly, that's a mystery that'll never be truly answered. Just left up for speculation.
  • Was Sheriff Skyfire from Ninja Steel from the G5 galaxy as Captain Chaku from Beast Morphers?
  • They never said specifically which police force Sheriff Skyfire works for. That is an interesting possibility. Of course, Skyfire would have to be a cyborg to work for G5 Galaxy police force, as Captain Chaku himself said.
    For now, we can assume that it is or isn't the case. I think not.
  • edited February 2022
    Was the purpose of the space colony Terra Venture really about finding a new home world or is it because some people in Angel Grove felt Earth was no longer safe due to past alien invasions?
  • @vgiannell5 the first one. Terra Venture was basically a way to find another planet to colonize besides Earth. It was quite the dramatic and risky way of doing since it carried an entire city full of people and nobody had any idea where they'd find what they were looking for.
    Those people who got on board Terra Venture had their own reasons for doing so. Guys like Leo did in order to see the universe beyond Earth, some sought adventure, some pretty much wanted to find a new world as advertised, etc.
  • edited February 2021
    Why wasn't Devon reluctant to use Beast-X mode after what happened with Red Fury mode?