New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Questions about the Power Rangers TV show

Comments

• When did Rita and Zedd have a son named Thrax and why the rangers of the Zordon Era didn't notice?
  • Thrax's exact birthdate is unknown.
    It has been theorized that Rita and Zedd had him in the time they were in hiding during Zeo or when they opted not to bother with Earth and its Power Rangers again in Turbo.
    Some believe that Rita and Zedd left baby Thrax in the care of another evil villain, just like how Astronema was raised by Ecliptor, and once Rita and Zedd were converted to good by the Zordon Wave, Thrax continued to be raised by evil. Its possible that his existence was kept secret for years and not made known until he was older, given Miratrix has heard of him while other Overdrive villains did not recognize him.
    Something important for us to realize is that we do not know how aliens physiology works. We don't know how they conceive children or how the aging process works. I'm guessing that the baby-to-adult aging for aliens may be similar to what happened to Impus/Olympius. I know that Thrax still would've been very young at the time he encountered the Overdrive Rangers.

The production team definitely should've done some work on that one as its one of many confusing things in the Power Rangers series.
    Zeo was from 1996 to 1997
    Turbo was from 1997 to 1998
    In Space was from 1998 to 1999
    Operation Overdrive was in 2007
    That would make Thrax 10 years old or younger when Once A Ranger happened.
  • edited July 2020
    Whatever happened to Venjix's palace after the RPM Rangers defeated him?
  • @vgiannell5 I bet you that it was destroyed after the Venjix Virus was defeated.
    That was the original plan. When it was discovered that Venjix had countless hybrids inside Corinth awaiting activation, the Rangers and Colonel Truman planned to attack Venjix directly at the base, which makes sense since that's where all of Venjix's operations and arsenal came from, which made it a dangerous place to keep operational and intact. Destroy the palace and you destroy all of Venjix's resources. Plus when you're rebuilding a whole world, why would you keep that place around?
  • Where and when did Tommy discover the three Dino Gems that would make Conner, Ethan, and Kira the Dino Thunder Rangers?
  • @vgiannell5 that is unknown. Never been stated.
    Since Mesogog knew about them prior to resurfacing when the Dino Gems were activated, I'm willing to bet that Tommy found them while he was partners with Anton Mercer and working on the experiments that led to the creation of the Dino Zords, the Tyrannodrones, and Mesogog himself. Plus, Mesogog had at some point got his hands on the White Dino Gem without Tommy knowing about it, experimented on it, and then hid it away for safe keeping, which may have occurred before the island exploded and Anton Mercer went "missing".
  • Whatever happened to Alpha 5 and the Robot Rangers when Zordon's home planet of Eltar was attacked by the Dark Specter?
  • @vgiannell5 that's up to speculation.

For the robot Turbo Rangers, I'm guessing that they were dormant inside the destroyed Command Center since the Turbo powers were lost, the villains left, the human Rangers took the battle to space, and the In Space Rangers were active. Of course, we saw them again during the Legendary Battle when all Power Rangers came together to finish off Mavro's X-Borg army before carry out the final order of destroying Earth.

As for Alpha 5, he was probably still on Eltar helping the planet somehow during the time of In Space Rangers' battle against the U.A.E (United Alliance of Evil) or he went back to see his creator on Edenoi. Hopefully he wasn't destroyed or shut down and put in a box like Alpha 6 was.
  • If Lord Arcanon was so powerful, why did he hire Sledge to capture outlaws when he could've gone after them himself?
  • @vgiannell5 Having power and being able to do something like capturing an army are two different things. Here's the way I see it.
    Arcanon's focus was primarily on finding all the Energems. As you've seen from years of Power Rangers, not every villain is capable of doing everything. Not all villains can engage in combat, not every villain uses magic, not every villain is a scientist, not every villain is a brilliant strategist, not every villain can conjure up their own army.
    Arcanon had a very limited amount of villains who were willing to serve him. Singe was willing and loyal, Doomwing was willing and loyal but had to be created from a good guy. The musical monster duo (Conductro and Screech) were willing and loyal. Arcanon wanted the worst of the worst, which is what one is considered when a large bounty is placed on you. Sledge captures bounties for a living and is clearly good at it. Hiring Sledge to capture an army of vile beings for him to force to serve Arcanon (Sledge, Heckyl, and Snide all had to force the monsters to serve them) provided Arcanon with time to completely focus on his goal of obtaining all 11 Energems. With Sledge doing the hardest part of finding monsters, Arcanon's attention was completely on tracking the Energems down, which is how he had time to launch his attack on Sentai 6.

Plus, look at Emperor Gruumm. He was leader of an entire alien empire, but had to rely on alien criminals and buy footsoldiers from a mercenary, all to fight the Power Rangers and conquer Earth. Broodwing simply stole, made, and sold technology to others, but his resources allowed him to amass an army and fight to conquer Earth. Broodwing did rely on favors from old friends and clients for a while, but he did get willing and loyal generals by the finale.
    Flurious and Moltor recruited aliens to help, Kamdor created monster but had no footsoldiers, the Fearcats relied on themselves. Zeltrax and Frax scrounged up whatever resources they could after betraying Mesogog and Ransik.
    You see my point?
  • > @PRThunder said:
    > @vgiannell5 Having power and being able to do something like capturing an army are two different things. Here's the way I see it.
    > Arcanon's focus was primarily on finding all the Energems. As you've seen from years of Power Rangers, not every villain is capable of doing everything. Not all villains can engage in combat, not every villain uses magic, not every villain is a scientist, not every villain is a brilliant strategist, not every villain can conjure up their own army.
    > Arcanon had a very limited amount of villains who were willing to serve him. Singe was willing and loyal, Doomwing was willing and loyal but had to be created from a good guy. The musical monster duo (Conductro and Screech) were willing and loyal. Arcanon wanted the worst of the worst, which is what one is considered when a large bounty is placed on you. Sledge captures bounties for a living and is clearly good at it. Hiring Sledge to capture an army of vile beings for him to force to serve Arcanon (Sledge, Heckyl, and Snide all had to force the monsters to serve them) provided Arcanon with time to completely focus on his goal of obtaining all 11 Energems. With Sledge doing the hardest part of finding monsters, Arcanon's attention was completely on tracking the Energems down, which is how he had time to launch his attack on Sentai 6.
    >
    > Plus, look at Emperor Gruumm. He was leader of an entire alien empire, but had to rely on alien criminals and buy footsoldiers from a mercenary, all to fight the Power Rangers and conquer Earth. Broodwing simply stole, made, and sold technology to others, but his resources allowed him to amass an army and fight to conquer Earth. Broodwing did rely on favors from old friends and clients for a while, but he did get willing and loyal generals by the finale.
    > Flurious and Moltor recruited aliens to help, Kamdor created monster but had no footsoldiers, the Fearcats relied on themselves. Zeltrax and Frax scrounged up whatever resources they could after betraying Mesogog and Ransik.
    > You see my point?
    >

I see what you mean.
  • Whatever happened to the alien palace on the moon after Rita and Lord Zedd were purified?
  • @vgiannell5 Well, the Moon Palace was once a place for good guys, particularly the guys who eventually hid the Zeo Crystal in the Caves of Deception below the palace. When Lord Zedd took over it eons ago, his evil influence corrupted the palace and made it into a lair for evil, which is why the Zeo Crystal was hidden. As we all know, that Machine Empire's arrival forced Zedd and Rita to abandon it, probably forever, though I bet Zedd's hold on the palace remained as long as he lived. Almost 3 whole years after Zedd and Rita fled for their lives, Zordon sacrificed himself to destroy and/or purify the United Alliance of Evil. I bet when Zedd was turned good, the evil influence he had over the palace vanished and it was restored a place of good guys. I feel that the Moon Palace does still stand, though wrecked and abandoned, but can be used for good again.
  • Why didn't Mia recognized Serrator as the shadowy figure she saw in Dayu's dream?
  • @vgiannell5 not 100% sure but maybe its because she only saw his silhouette. Good luck identifying anyone by just their shape. The voice could've been a recognizable feature, but maybe she forgot. Maybe she just didn't pay that much attention to detail, focusing mostly on Dalia and Deker as they were transformed into the beings the Samurai Rangers came to know.

Then again, production of the season could've been much better. I wonder how many kids recognized Serrator as the shadowy figure without knowing Super Sentai Shinkenger.