New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Hasbro ends deal with Toei - End of Power Rangers? Rebirth of Power Rangers?

edited July 2020 in General Discussion
On July 8, 2020, there was news announcing that Hasbro (the current owners and makers of the Power Rangers series) is ending its partnership with Toes (the provided of Sentai material, including footage, which is what Power Rangers uses).
Right now, there's no confirmation on if this information is official or just a rumor. If the information is official, then Power Rangers as we know it is nearing the end. The biggest worry is that this will mean that Power Rangers will end for good at the end of 2021. Some believe that this actually means that Power Rangers will simply stop being reliant on Super Sentai and be developed in a different way, maybe as an animated series.

Here is a link to the article
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/07/08/hasbro-end-power-rangers/

I say that us as Power Rangers fans should talk and discuss the possibilities.

Comments

• edited January 2021
    I think this is just a hoax. If it was true, Hasbro would've announced it by now.
  • @vgiannell5 well, they now have announced something. It talks about more stuff for Power Rangers, though I fear it'll change the show in a wrong way.
  • These negotiations are very tricky, and in the end, they often work out some sort of deal. Toei would rather get "something" for their footage, than "nothing", and this is why a deal with likely happen.
  • Well, looks like we are heading towards the end of the traditional Power Rangers series in favor of Hasbro getting a rebooted series.
  • > @PRThunder said:
    > Well, looks like we are heading towards the end of the traditional Power Rangers series in favor of Hasbro getting a rebooted series.

We still haven't got a confirmation on whether or not Hasbro's deal with Toei will end.
  • With word out that there's going to be a reboot of the Power Rangers series, I can't help but think that they could've done so without necessarily ending the show we know.
    We've seen seasons take place in dimension other that primary one we've known since 1993. RPM and Dino Charge did Power Rangers well while separating themselves from the world we've already seen for nearly 3 decades. I still love the primary Rangerverse, but I do think they should finally leave that world be, while continuing the Ranger legacy. A new dimension could be a fresh start with new stories while still continuing the show we already know.
    I personally would've created a new universe that started with Samurai, then went on to include Dino Charge (though I may let it remain as it is), Ninja Steel, and Dino Fury (though it is cool for the primary Rangerverse too). Megaforce and Beast Morphers, I would leave in the primary Rangerverse. Another idea would've been to start in a new universe with Dino Charge and have the following seasons be the result of Dino Charge's finale after changing the timeline. Basically my version of the Third, or Fourth, Rangerverse would be a new series with new material while still doing things the traditional way.
    Anyone feel similar regarding the whole "rebooting Power Rangers" things?