New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Mighty Morphin Originals Team Up reunion

edited February 2012 in General Discussion
i would to see a special movie or episode with the original power rangers it would be freking epic ... Trini past away so Aisha can replace her.

Comments

• edited February 2012
    not happening. As previously stated, aside from Thuy Trang's death, many of the actors are either busy with other projects, such as Amy Jo Johnson with Flashpoint, not in the acting business anymore, or not on good terms with the production team, like David Yost.
  • Really? wat happened with the production team with Amy i know about David they made fun of him being gay and didnt felt confortable.
  • nothing happened with Amy, she simply has a big role in a current, ongoing tv series, hence she's busy with that.
  • Amy just didn't want to be on the show anymore. She felt like her time was up so she left. However, it'd be a non-union production, which A LOT if not all of them would turn down as they are SAG workers and would have to give up their SAG cards and leave the union where they would be paid more and treated better.
  • Poor David, and he was with that group for such a long time too.
  • LeyLey
    edited March 2012
    Wait till they bring Gokaiger from Japan, Im sure there will be alot of them returning, if not for just one episode
  • edited March 2012
    They may skip over goseiger just so gokaiger can be during the 20th season/anniversary of PR
  • or they may very well not even do Gokaiger at all, given the problems with the use of the pre-zyuranger suits and powers.
  • i dont like the power rangers pirates tey keep morphin to other rangers we never rarely see em with thr own pirate suits n we dont really knw where there coming from it should be about them not othr season ihope US dont do the same as japan.
  • erm, you completely miss the point behind Gokaiger, don't you? It was the 35th season of Super Sentai and was made as an anniversary celebration season, celebrating all of the previous Sentai teams before it. The whole "using other teams' powers" thing was the entire point of the season. That was the idea, that was the gimmick, that was exactly what was supposed to happen.

If you actually gave Gokaiger a chance, you would see that they, in fact, use their own pirate suits and powers quite often. They also explain the origin stories of all the Gokaigers and fully explain in universe why the Gokaigers can use all of the previous powers. The season was about the Gokaigers and their story, it just made nods to the previous seasons before it as part of the whole "35th anniversary celebration season" thing. It was actually masterfully done.
  • edited March 2012
    or they may very well not even do Gokaiger at all, given the problems with the use of the pre-zyuranger suits and powers.
    We just had Samurai and now we have Super Samurai. They could probably stretch gokaiger "sans pre-zyuranger" into a full season.

The two troublesome parts I see are the scenes with ALL the rangers and the mid-late season zord battles. They could could cut most of it or they introduce a lot more "Alien" Rangers or they could shoot whole new scenes (20th Anniversary = Bigger Budget??).
  • that might be a little difficult, actually. The Gokaigers typically didn't use just one other team's powers in one episode. They switched fairly frequently, so there weren't exactly all too many episodes that didn't have at least one of the pre-zyuranger suits being used. There's also some of the Great Power zord addons that were used quite often.

Not saying it couldn't be done. I can be done and I, for one, really do hope they find a way to do it properly, as Gokaiger was a really well done season. There are just some problems they would have to overcome.
  • I really do believe they will skip over goseiger because the whole idea is that they are angels. In America, religion in kids public programming is questionable because of stupid parents calling in complaining "My kid is running around saying he's an angel!!"
  • edited March 2012
    honestly, the angel motif of Goseiger is pretty well downplayed. If it wasn't for the fact that the Goseigers keep on hammering in the fact that that they are Gosei Angels, you wouldn't be able to tell. There's nothing in the fight scenes of Goseiger that really screams "angel". If that is really a problem, it really wouldn't be hard for them to work around it. The card motif is much more prominent.
  • you are right. I think back and most of the "angel" based stuff is when they were in human form so it wouldn't matter.