New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Would you be willing to have a 'sequel' season?

LeyLey
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Would you be willing to see the 53th Super Sentai as "Jetman 2?" Or maybe the 22nd Power Rangers "Mighty Morphin 2?"

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Yeah, I would. It would be even better if they bring back as many of the original people as they can, like they did in Samurai bringing Bulk back
  • No.

There wouldn't be a way to bring back a lot of the actors (in the context of an MMPR 2) considering the show is non-union again. Which means a lot of the actors would have to give up their SAG cards (if they continued with acting) which would lead to money problems, as usual, just to be back on the show. They wouldn't be able to play teenagers anymore (although in Lightspeed Rescue they were adults), and there are other things that would stop them from signing on. Like one of the rules is you can't have a tattoo. However, in the Turbo movie, you can see one of JDf's tattoos. But, he has so many now they either wouldn't hire him (as I believe Saban is really dead set with that rule) or pull a Dino Thunder and keep him in long sleeves.
  • No and no. For one, many of the original actors are either not in the acting business anymore, not on good terms with the show or dead. For another, that's just lame.
  • or dead.
    This sounds really heartless, but I actually laughed a little bit when I saw that part. It was just short sweet and to the point. But, yes, those are other reasons as to why they wouldn't do it. Mainly I'd say they're not in the acting business and (with how many complaints I've heard at panels) aren't on good terms with Saban/the show

• No worries, people don't usually expect bluntness like that. There wasn't really any other way of putting it, so I figured I would just go the blunt route.
  • I can only see a few older rangers making a cameo in a new movie, but not a full team sequel.
  • It doesn't have to have the same actors, just the same suits. They could have there 'kids' be the rangers or something
  • I would much rather see a gokaiger season 2 but thats highly unlikely :'(
  • I would much rather see a gokaiger season 2 but thats highly unlikely :'(
    i would love that too!
  • Yeah, Gokaiger season 2 would be cool. They even gave a potential plot line for it at the end.