New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

MMPR - Are They The First Ranger Team On Earth??

Comments

• maybe, but I dont see how there would be a green ranger problem if Rita was trapped in a canister.

you know what i'd love to do is sit down with saban for a day or two, and discuss every question i have about the power ranger plots and pretty much everything
  • Yeah, but we all know that he'd most likely avoid some questions. Like to this day people are asking him about why he fired Austin, Thuy, and Walter and still no one has a legit answer from him
  • Thats true, I really wanna know why he fired them, cause I really liked their characters.
  • Well, the one thing everyone knows is that they demanded more money as they were doing more of their own stunts for the American footage in the suits and were doing the movie soon and weren't being paid extra for it. But, Austin, Walter, and Thuy didn't even want to leave the show, their agent pressured them into leaving as a way to get Saban to give them more money as their agent felt like he'd have to if three of the starts walked out. It was originally going to be all six threatening to leave and a lot of the crew, but all but three of them backed out of it.
  • Ohh thats harsh... Its kinda mean though that they backed out and left them three hanging.
  • edited November 2011
    Well I mean, for David, Amy, and JDF it was their first acting role and JDF wasn't going to leave because he was bringing in money for his family. The other two didn't think they'd get a lot of jobs afterwards

Shoot. Off topic again.
  • thats true, I mean JDF was making a lot of money considering it was his first gig and all, and david, amy probably felt the same

How do we manage to go off topic so easily??
  • You can't really say the other seasons aren't part of the same timeline. The only one who even wanted to consider Ninja Storm through RPM non-canon was Tzachor and he is an idiot. Someone could come along for the next series and fix things back. Each series is interconnected in the same timeline except for maybe Jungle Fury and RPM. The team up episodes we have seen and the return of past characters have pretty much made that clear. Even Ninja Storm was cemented into the timeline with the team up with Dino Thunder and then Tori's later return in Once a Ranger. Bulk could have returned to Earth along with Alpha 6 when the Lost Galaxy Rangers returned to Earth during the time of Lightspeed Rescue. It just might not have been shown on screen. All we do know is he made it back sometime between LG and WF. Let me address the problematic seasons they might not fit in.

Jungle Fury: I like to think this one does despite no real team up with past rangers. The biggest problem this series had was the writer's strike. We didn't get to see where it was really planned to go from the beginning. For all we know RJ's connection that helped him get hooked into the morphing grid for their powers could have been Tommy, Haley or another past ranger.

RPM: I wish this one had been stated more clearly when it takes place. I like to think it takes place between SPD and the Time Force Future timeline. It would make sense. It would explain the wasteland outside the city we see in the future. It also would also explain why things seemed so different between SPD and Time Force's future timeline. A big catastrophic event such as that would explain it. I can however accept it also as in an Alternate Universe. As that is the only other possible explanation for it.
  • Oh yeah, i forgot the writer's strike took place during Jungle Fury. It could be an alternate universe that takes place during Samurai in the case of the upcoming episode. Despite the fact that the show was and still is being created for kids, I wish they could appease the older audience and explain where all of this lines up and answer some of our other questions.
  • Oh yeah, i forgot the writer's strike took place during Jungle Fury. It could be an alternate universe that takes place during Samurai in the case of the upcoming episode. Despite the fact that the show was and still is being created for kids, I wish they could appease the older audience and explain where all of this lines up and answer some of our other questions.

To do so would require some effort on their part. Unfortunately Saban seems to have not felt like putting any effort into Samurai.
  • Well the timeline will be fairly askew if they try doing Gokaiger without explaining all of the other rangers. But will probably written off as future rangers that have yet to exist which then creates the problem of explaining how they got the powers and I dunno. I think they should do a series re-write or a movie or something and explain the timeline plot holes so we in the older generation can stop picking it apart.:/ Wishful thinking? But as far as we have seen MMPR is the first team, but they may be able to change that to the first "known" or the first "seen" ranger team and all the others operated behind the scenes never being seen by the public and that would explain why not even Zordon or Ninjor knew of them. Then again they could just end Power Rangers after Samurai and be like "Pft figure it out yourselves we got paid."
  • zordon said that he had rangers in the past...super sentai duh :(|)
  • zordon said that he had rangers in the past...super sentai duh :(|)
    If you read through the comments, I say excluding Super Senti.
  • ahhhhhhhh he said that he did before sooooooooooo
  • Yh he said their had been rangers in the past but he never said on earth, and my question was are they the first ranger team on earth?