New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Site for uploading file.

edited August 2012 in Off Topic
Stop uploading file into FileSonic and FileServe.
They remove the file sharing features.
Now it become like a personal locker. In other word, you can only download the file you uploaded. We need other file sharing site.
I heard rumour saying that

MegaUpload - Closed.
FileServe - Closing, does not sell premium.
FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.
Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA
Read: MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
It's over; file sharing is finished

Comments

• file sharing will never completely vanish. its been around for a very very long time. people will just get more creative and find new ways around the law.
  • file sharing will never completely vanish. its been around for a very very long time. people will just get more creative and find new ways around the law.
    Hopefully that the case
  • edited January 2012
    It will be. Besides, they're some sites that can still share files. Like Rapidshare and Wupload. And I'm sure others like them will join up.
  • i personally feel its best to just start using torrents, but i dont think it will happen soon
  • torrents aren't the way to go because of the whole seeding process. Not to mention they'll be next once people start noticing them.

Not to mention some providers can detect such usage. If it's just a normal download, providers aren't going to pay much attention but if they notice the seeding part (as in uploading and downloading at the same time) then it's more likely for them to detect it.
  • edited January 2012
    calm down, people. It's not the end of the world. While annoyed, I'm frankly surprised it took so long for something like this to happen. Everyone is freaking out right now and simply trying to cover their asses for the time being. Give things some time to quiet down for now. Once they have, places will start popping up again. Also, you said that you heard rumors about all the closures. Ya, rumors. Didn't anyone tell you not to believe everything you see on the internet?

Also, Matt, stop being a moron. For one, what exactly is the problem with the seeding process of torrents? How else do you think the internet works? Also, if your provider notices you uploading and downloading at the same time? aka, if your provider notices you doing anything on the internet? No matter what you do on the internet, you are always uploading and downloading at the same time, that's how the internet works.

And "once people start noticing them"? They have been trying to take down torrent sites for years and years and years and have failed. Because of the decentralized nature of the bittorrent protocol, you can't just take down one place, such as MU, to shut it all down.

The thing that brought down file hosting sites such as MU was their making tons and tons of money from selling premium accounts. Similar to YouTube, online service providers are not and cannot be held directly responsible for content uploaded to their service by users, as long as they respond to takedown notices. However, when you start making a business model and make money off of such a thing, that is where the problem starts. While, yes, YouTube does make ad revenue, they don't outright charge people for premium access to their site.

The main problem and what, I think, brought down MU in the end was the oodles and oodles of cash they were making mainly off of copyright infringement. Once you start explicitly charging money for the service, or for usable access to the service (because, let's face it, sites like MU were practically unusable without a premium account), then things become a lot more complicated.

The main point here is, calm down everyone. The internet is, by it's very nature, a free place and a place for people to share amongst themselves. That cannot change. This isn't the end of the world and, once people calm down a little, new methods will be made, if need be.
  • firstly the company that own filesonic fileserve uploadstation and filejungle havnt closed they are waiting for the outcome of the mega case before they chose what to do plus my7 fave sites wupload and multiupload are still up
  • edited January 2012
    Corey, can you actually be civil and not resort to name calling? Is that even remotely possible for you? You can have a discussion without resorting to being rude. Or can you? I don't know if you can since you thought it was a good time to insult someone to prove your point.

Only torrents work with uploading and downloading at the same time. Providers can detect such power that torrents use. Now whether you believe that or not, I don't care. That's your own problem and your own issue. I'm not going to attack you or insult you to try to force you to believe me or to even prove my point.

I know they've tried taking down torrents. Not to mention mirc download stuff too.

Eventually they will succeed. But it's not as easy for them to take torrents down because they're harder to take down but sooner or later they will since it's common knowledge that torrents provide illegal material. Some torrent sites have however gotten into legal trouble to the point that they couldn't come back.
  • Maybe so, but I doubt that every torrent site will be taken down. Those FBI creeps will fail.
  • The FBI is evil so they can do pretty much whatever they want to as long as someone is doing something illegal and the services are something on U.S. soil.
  • What if the FBI were caught doing something illegal?
  • edited January 2012
    then they would have to arrest themselves but then again who knows with them since the CIA gets away with illegal activity.
  • And if the CIA got caught doing something illegal and can't get away with it?
  • considering they do that water boarding thing, apparently they can get away with it.
  • I doubt it. Sooner or later, they will get caught doing illegal things and they won't get away with it.