New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Disney Hexagon

2»

Comments

• Ohhh. Thanks that makes sense. I can see why they'd want to go out with Tommy as well
  • i loved dino thunder first ever season i watched lol
  • & most disney seasons + Samurai but home saban air power rangers on Disney Channel or one of their other channels but thats depends if disney want it back
  • edited December 2011
    I doubt Disney wants it back. I mean, they just took over the show purely on a marketing standpoint: they just wanted to sell the toys. And (in my opinion) despite the fact there are people who say the Disney Era had the best seasons, people generally gravitate and stay with the Saban Era (if that's what they started with) because the shows actually had a really good plot line and there were aspects of it that just worked well. Im not saying that Saban wasnt producing episodes just to sell toys, because I think he did, but there was just something about the Saban Era that was overall, just so much better than the Disney Era. I felt like Disney honest to god, didn't care about the show, just the toys. Which is why I believe (besides Dino Thunder, only because Tommy was in it) those seasons sucked. I mean in general, the ratings were already declining as the popularity for PR was going down, but I feel like the Disney Era was hit hard with the decline of ratings. (It would explain why I never saw OO and RPM on TV as it was being aired (for me) WAY too early in the morning.)

Anyway, that's just my opinion
  • ^

Completely agree.
  • edited September 2012
    From what I've heard on this, it sounded like an interesting idea, I just didn't like the idea of them having 2 sides of Rangers eventually being at war with one another.
    I don't think Saban would really try that, though. There would be a lot of red tape to clear. Remember Clash of the Red Rangers in Samurai? They could barely include Scott, let alone have him de-morph. I think Saban might actually be bitter about Disney's success with a couple of the series.
    That had nothing to do with red tape. That had to do with an actor's contract. Saban owns Power Rangers entirely so they can use any character they wanted to regardless of who created the character.

The only questionable thing is the Disney music.
    However you might be right about Disney having some seasons that were a success.
  • edited September 2012
    I think the real problem with Scott in the Clash of the Red Rangers was that he is owned by Fox for the show Terra Nova. And maybe he's not allowed to appear in other shows at the time, but you think Fox would understand seeing how it is a kids show, and terra nova is for older people. Course Eka is off that show now and is currently doing other projects, but at the time he was signed to that show and fox.
  • edited September 2012
    You mean Eka was under contract with Fox due to his role in Terra Nova.
    I'm sure FOX understood but they have their policies for a reason and I doubt they'll be changing them for any reason.
    Also as far as I understood it, their policy isn't that their actors can't work in other stuff, just that as long as you're under contract with a FOX show, you're not allowed to work on non-union shows.
  • Yeah, that's what I read about it anyway.
  • Yeah, it sucks that it happened but it did and Saban Brands did the best that they could with it. Granted it wasn't the best teamup since it was just Ranger Red... not to mention there were definitely some errors with it that clashed with both RPM and Samurai but they did the best they could with the footage. I doubt they were interested in making new footage for an entire teamup when they only had 1 returning Ranger... and he didn't ever demorph.
  • edited September 2012
    Back on topic somewhat to whether it should've ended when Disney got it... I liked DinoThunder and SPD quite a bit... Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury were pretty okay. I haven't seen much of RPM but I liked what I did. But Mystic Force was below-average, and Operation Overdrive was just godawful. So the Disney seasons are... mixed, for me.

Saban had some pretty bad seasons too. The first half of Turbo was a chore to get through, Lightspeed Rescue had some painfully bad acting, and Wild Force is probably my runner-up for worst season behind OO. Wild Force was technically a Disney season, but it shared most of the production staff with the Saban seasons.

If you take off the nostalgia goggles though, season 1 of Mighty Morphin was pretty awful. Almost entirely filler that was needlessly repetitive, with action scenes that were almost entirely recycled and poorly-matched Japanese footage and paper-thing stereotypes for characters. Really, the warm familiar fuzziness is one of very few things it has going for it. Seasons 2 & 3 were vast improvements.
  • If it helps anyone who hasn't heard of Power Rangers Hexagon or knows some bit about it, I recently created a discussion which describes the plan for Hexagon in organized detail.
    It's a bit complex and quite dark for Power Rangers. I'm sure glad that it wasn't the plan that was used. Though it would be nice to have old holes patched up for good.

"Power Rangers Hexagon - the original season 11"
    http://www.powerrangerplanet.org/forum/discussion/727/power-rangers-hexagon-the-original-season-11/p1