New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

New Power Rangers Movie In The Works - Official Discussion

2»

Comments

• edited October 2017
    @vgiannell5 that is exactly what I've been saying for months.

@Jam-Jul Lison I'm not surprised they don't have Tommy yet. If there's a sequel to this movie, he'll probably show up in that.

@PowerRangerPlanet is there any news on that fan-made film we were talking about earlier in this discussion?
  • edited October 2017
    Well we've definitely seen some versions of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers over the years, both on TV and in movies.

MMPR - TV (1993-1996)

Power Rangers

Rita Repulsa

Goldar

Weapons

Zords and Megazords

MMPR - Movie (1995)

Power Rangers

Rita Repulsa

Goldar

Weapons and Gadgets

Zords and Megazord

MMPR - Movie (2017)

Power Rangers

Rita Repulsa

Goldar

Weapons

Zords and Megazord

Opinions?
  • I've heard rumours that JDF might be making an appearance and that the gem in Rita's staff is the green power coin.
    What do you guys think.
  • I don't think so. I've heard nothing that confirms his appearance.
  • Check out the Megazord for the 2017 Power Rangers movie.
  • In just a few months, we'll be meeting the remade Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  • edited October 2017
    @zookster we can now confirm what you said about JDF appearing and the green gem in Rita's satff.
    Hope you enjoyed the movie.

Speaking of which, I found the movie enjoyable, especially since they had easter eggs and references to different things from the Power Rangers series. It was nice that they focused on the aspect of getting teens from 5 different ways of life to put their differences aside and work together to save their world. I was impressed by how the movie portrayed Rita Repulsa. She is just goofy in the show while she's quite scary in the movie. I don't enjoy what they did with Goldar or that they didn't include Rita's crew (Finster, Squatt, Baboo, Scorpina), though it didn't take away the fun and definitely kept a dark and serious tone for Rita. I give the Megazord 50/50 since it looked great and not great at the same time.

I think the movie could've been a bit more though.
    I know I would've loved if the first Ranger, Zord, and Megazord fight was more like what we see in the picture.