New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Bring ZORDON back in POWER RANGERS MEGAFORCE? Yes or No?

edited September 2012 in General Discussion
10,000 years ago, an interdimensional being trapped in a time warp known as Zordon imprisoned Rita Repulsa in a space dumpster on the moon. about 19 or 20 years ago, 2 astronauts opened the dumpster and released Rita Repulsa and Zordon chose "5 teenagers with attitude" to become "Earth's first Power Rangers" and later, allowed a sixth Ranger to join, fufilling the prophecy. Since that day, he did everything he could to help the Power Rangers fight the forces of evil. One day, he was captured by Dark Spector who began draining his energy. When the Space Rangers found him, he immediately asked them to destroy him to rid the universe of evil. With his last act of goodness and heroics, Zordon's energy wave defeated the villains from MMPR to PRIS. It's been more than a decade since Zordon died. With POWER RANGERS MEGAFORCE bringing back some old Rangers, I think it's time to revive Zordon for what could be "the ultimate battle" between good and evil. Who agrees with me?

Comments

• I like the idea but I don't think there is a possible way to bring him back that would last.
  • Karone was revived, by Zordon's Wave and Andros's tear, Kendrix was revived by the Quasar Sabers, Leanobow and Daggeron were revived by Nercolai's magic, Mack was revived by the Korona Aurora, there been so many revivals in Power Rangers. There has got to be a way. Zordon has been dead for too long. He needs to be revived
  • I'd totally like to see him come back, would be great. As for the storyline though, they'd have to make it believable in order to please me. Seeing as he was destroyed, and by that happening, it saved the world, by getting rid of "all" the evil. Bringing him back would counter that, wouldn't it? Anyway, if they did it in a good way, I wouldn't mind.
  • I don't see that happening, on a count of Zordon was destroyed by Andros' blade to save the earth because it was the only way. So I see no possible good way to bring Zordon back. Unless Zordon escaped right before Andros Shattered the glass?
  • Idk, he's freaking Zordon? He could have figured out a way if he really needed too.
  • There's many ways that they could explain it. But it's not like they really have to. They could just take the easy route, and go back in time, and snatch him up from there.
  • @PowerRangerPlanet You have a good point there. But how would you really do it? I mean if it's still when he's trapped in his dimension then you need a place that he can communicate with.

But personally I wouldn't like the whole time travel thing because it creates too many paradoxes then.
  • I don't like the idea of bringing Zordon back. His sacrifice would be greatly diminished by doing that. Unless maybe all of the ex-villains came up with some sort of spell/ritual to bring him back as a way of atoning for all the evil they had done before being purified. That would be cool.
  • @DekaBlue I agree and that would be cool but keep in mind that his self sacrifice destroyed the forces of the UAE as well as purified Rita, Zedd, Divatox and even perhaps Astronema. If Zordon is brought back then wouldn't that undo him doing all of that?
    Not to mention all we have left is David Fielding as an actor (in his case, voice and image) for him.

I really do not ever want to see a returning character unless the same actor(s) are back for him/her. I did like using the idea of Alpha 6 in the Overdrive teamup but I hated the replacement voice he had.
    I did like the idea of them using Rita as the Mystic Mother but the replacement voice just wasn't that good.
  • I agree @MattEmily both where terrible voice replacements. But who knows, maybe andros destroyed the tube Zordon was in, sending him free to be human again or whatever it was he is and his energy tube was the magic that healed him. Who knows, they could make it work, but it's a matter of who they get for voice acting. Like David Fielding. if they don't get him to voice Zordon, it wouldn't be a good character re-write.
  • OMG you guys! How would reviving Zordon undo the effects of the Z-Wave? It wasn't a magic spell, it was an explosion that expanded across the universe. If he were to be revived, the the effects of the Z-Wave would not be undone. I don't understand some of you. So many fans didn't want Zordon to die now you want him to be dead? He deserves to be revived after all his hard work and sacrafice. He deserves to see how far the Power Rangers legacy has gone and all of their work
  • I never said his effects of the Z-wave would be undone, I'm just throwing out suggestions.
  • @PRThunder it was his life energy that went across the universe, that's how it would be undone. If you resurrect him, the life energy wouldn't be there anymore because it would be in him.
  • Well, it's not like it would bring all the destroyed villains back to life if his life energy was gathered together again. The only bit that might be a problem is the portion of it that went to purifying Rita, Zedd, and others. He could probably still be revived minus that portion if someone gathered the scattered energy together, just slightly less powerful.
  • I don't see how it would undue everything he did if they gather up his life energy and bring him back to life.