New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Megaforce: Official Discussion

Comments

• i think with a name like "megaforce", the season better be darn good
  • They have the white ranger in there because they were featuring all the Rangers that lead a team. Plus, that's just the poster for the 20th anniversary for PR.

My theory on why Goseiger and not Gokaiger:
    They wanted to do Gokaiger in the first place, and were casting for it. However, they couldn't get as many PR actors as they wanted to return to do the season, so they halted casting to try and figure out what they were going to do, and then decided on Goseiger for the season.
  • When you type a message, in between the "C" button and the "link" button is a picture button. Click it, the html will come up, stick the link in the quotes.
    @ NightMere10 Thanks for the tip. I'm not surprised they couldn't get enough actors. There were so many Power Rangers in the last 2 decades. Speaking of Gokaiger, PRDT was kind of like that. PRDT made many references to the past. I'm betting that they will try to do a lot more of referencing in Power Rangers Mega Force. BTW how do we put tht in initials? PR Mega Force (PRMF) has the same initials as PR Mystic Force (PRMF). How will that work? If they wanted to bring back all the Rangers, they should have done the same thing they did in PRSS Clash of the Red Rangers. They should have them in suits and use previous recordings for the voices. Oh and because there were situations where a new guy replaces the original ranger, it makes it a lot harder.
    I will EDIT this comment when I figure out how many people became Power Rangers.
  • It'd be PRM because Megaforce is one word.
  • edited June 2012
    WOOW IM SHOKED IS THE ANGELS RANGERS! i thought it was goin to be pirates i ca alrady tell that they are going to put alot of money this season! they are goin to use so many US scenes and if they want to add the pirates theme plot to angels, twis as much $$$. It looks interesting how they going to to this combining the two seasons or not. i just hope they gather i hot badass cast like Samurai.:) n btw they already cast all 6 rangers for angels?? imean their in the poster already. ALso the logo seems very simple... it shoould of been and EPIC UNIQUE ONE.

OH ON MORE THING! When i read the press release of the next 2013 season they were describing how the next season is going to be with more humor actions etc. they even said they were going to fight a robotic army??? if im not mistaken i believe PIRATES have the main villains of Robotic Theme Villains and ANGELS have like bugs or Bees Theme Main Villains... so this mean for Megaforce they are using the Pirates Gokaiger Robotic Villain Theme on Megaforce for Angels???....
  • No, casting hasn't finished yet. They're doing screen testing this week.
  • screen testing??
  • Screen testing means they (the auditioners) have their call back recorded on tape where they act out the lines, monologue etc. It's to see how the actors look on film/screen (like they're skin tone and how they look with other actors, (in most cases, they have someone off screen reading the other character's lines) how they look on screen in general etc). The casting director and producers look over the film and see if the auditioner is suitable for what they're looking for in the role.

They also use screen testing to see what kind of colors for clothes and what kind of make up do and do not look good on film. When you see auditions as bonus features on DVDs (like Samurai) or when Tony Oliver showed the original MMPR cast's auditions at PMC, those were their screen tests.
  • it just occurred to me the reason they might have picked Goseiger is it has a black ranger and is a nod to MMPR unlike Gokaiger which has Green instead.
  • edited June 2012
    I am starting to get annoyed by the fact Saban is trying to make the power rangers season more like MMPR. I know they originally created it but they need to change things up a bit instead of going for the whole "teenagers with attitude" thing and making it similarly with the cheesy humour and other things.

Also I will be interested on how they will present Gosei Knight, since he is actually a zord that was given power by the Earth. Will they make him human or keep him as a zord-based warrior? Hopefully, Saban will turn this season into an awesome one especially since Samurai is a bit of a disappointment.
  • They're casting for a Silver Ranger, so they may be giving Gosei Knight a human identity.
  • Silver Knight Ranger this is going to interesting on Goseiger hes a living zord US miight put more personality to him
  • if they tryin to make megaforce like mmpr i hope the theme song is good and original bc for samurai they said it was going to be like mmpr and the song was the same as mmpr just wth samurai saying which was awesome i ust hope is not another reprise #3
  • edited June 2012
    A few more updates thanks to RangerCrew:

-The Samurai/Super Samurai cast will not only be at Comic Con this year, but also at Power Morphicon

-At Morphicon, Saban Brands plans on making some major announcements as well as showing the teaser to Power Rangers Megaforce. (Teaser will be shown at Comic Con as well).

-If you go to Comic Con in July, you can by the MMPR 40 DVD collection.

-The Megaforce cast might not be able to attend Morphicon due to filming the new season, but who knows.

-Saban has required the rights to the CW 4Kids block and starting in the Fall will show 2 episodes of PR every Saturday. This was decided because not everybody gets NickToons where reruns of seasons have been airing

-There is currently a campaign called "Super Fans" where Saban Brands will interact directly with "Super Fans" for a wide variety of events and surprises for the next year.

More coming in a little bit....
  • I don't mind the "teenagers with attitude", but it should be kinda new. PRS-PRSS is missing both the "teenagers with attitude" and "new feeling" qualities.