New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Why did Audrey Marchionno original yellow ranger MMPR whom Trini replace left the show?..

edited March 2012 in General Discussion
WHY did she left the show?..

Comments

• She had a choice between PR and something in (I'm pretty sure it's) Florida, where she was currently living. She had to choose between uprooting her whole life for a show she didn't even know was going to do well or not. She's stated that she's regretted the decision ever since, although she loved her time on the set doing the pilot.

However, with a simple google/youtube search you could've figured out that answer in a second.
  • i thought her last name was dobuy
  • i thought her last name was dobuy
    I'm pretty sure that she has since been married and her new last name is Marchionno, not not positive.
  • She had a choice between PR and something in (I'm pretty sure it's) Florida, where she was currently living. She had to choose between uprooting her whole life for a show she didn't even know was going to do well or not. She's stated that she's regretted the decision ever since, although she loved her time on the set doing the pilot.

However, with a simple google/youtube search you could've figured out that answer in a second.
    Of course she regrets it, she hasn't done anything since :p
  • SOMEONE knw why MMPR pilot is so different from the show original, zordon, alpha why the change?....
  • edited March 2012
    SOMEONE knw why MMPR pilot is so different from the show original, zordon, alpha why the change?....
    Because they barely had any money to make it. That pilot was only 16 minutes long and they hadn't actually gotten any networks to green light it and make it an actual show on their station. But, the producers of Fox saw it, liked, it and gave it the go ahead, as long as they took out a lot of the violence.

So, they got money to create the show, Audrey left, they got Thuy Trang (around the same time JDF auditioned for the Green Ranger role) and they changed everything.
    I'm pretty sure that she has since been married and her new last name is Marchionno, not not positive.
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure she hypenated her last name to Marchionno-Dubois, but goes by either one or the other.
    Of course she regrets it, she hasn't done anything since :p
    Ha! I know right!
  • SOMEONE knw why MMPR pilot is so different from the show original, zordon, alpha why the change?....
    Pilots are basically just a "pitch" for a show. A lot of the time, they just use random actors and concepts, just to show you what the show would be like. Sort've like a rough sketch of a drawing. If the network likes the show, that's when they bring in different actors and advance their whole idea of the show.
  • Its a pilot, you don't spend a ton of money and try to make the best idea for a show you can come up with. Once the show is picked up, you change whatever necessary to get it on tv
  • thanks guys:)
  • i haven't gotten to see the original unaired polite of MMPR, i would like to someday though i hope its going to be on the dvds :D
  • Its on youtube, Dubby
  • Really? I'll have to look it up sometime then!
  • dubby i think nightmere10 is referring to 'the lost episode' aired as a one time only special during the first half of PRLG part of the pilot ep was shown along with ASJ and WEJ talking about the history of PR up to that point and putting each ranger color cast member in their own group montage (there was one mistake though, justin nimno was put with the blue ranger group)
  • That wasn't a mistake. There wasn't a "silver" category to stick him in. Needing to balance out the pics, they put him in blue