New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Jungle Fury and RPM: Funny or Not Funny?

edited March 2012 in General Discussion
In a Power Rangers Samurai/Super Samurai page on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_Samurai) There is a qoute that says "Saban Brands have said the show will have a "brighter tone and gets an infusion of fun and comedy that wasn't present in present in seasons 16 and 17". I saw Jungle Fury and RPM and I have to say that they both had comedy and fun in them. Help me out by telling about some funny moments you found in Jungle Fury and RPM or post a vid of funny moments from those 2 seasons.

Comments

• I feel this is a lie. RPM & Jungle Fury both had funny parts in them throughout the season. If they put RJ and Ziggy in a show together, my god the world go nuts with laughter LOL
  • Jungle Fury; funny
    RPM; not funny until I watched it a second time
  • Mostly all the episodes that featured Ziggy were funny. he was clearly the clown of the show who always came up with classic one liners. lol
  • yep, that was the entire point of Ziggy. He was the butt-monkey of the show. Couldn't fight for beans, even with the enhanced ranger powers many times, constantly got himself in trouble and had no business being a ranger other than the whole DNA-locking thing forcing him to be Ranger Green.

Not that I minded, of course, I quite liked Ziggy. He was a butt-monkey done well, which is something you don't always see.

As for Jungle Fury, definitely funny. JF is actually one of my favourite seasons.
  • i thought ziggy was a good ranger considering he never had any proper training and failed everything he did lol
  • I don't know. Sometimes, I felt like they tried too hard to have his character be funny. I mean, don't get me wrong, Milo did a great job acting as Ziggy, but I understood that Green was the comic relief of the season, but tried too hard with it.
  • i thought ziggy was a good ranger considering he never had any proper training and failed everything he did lol
    He was a good ranger, but he had no business being one in the first place, especially with the fact that the RPM Series Operators were, effectively, the last line of defense for all of humanity.
  • yeah but if you think about it, Dillion didn't really have any business being a ranger either at first, but he passed all the training because of his robotic parts. Ziggy did what he had to do to protect the series green morpher and the only way he could protect it from Vinjex was to Lock it with his own DNA there for making him a ranger. and i thought he got better with fighting and stuff from the way he started out.
  • My fellow Ranger fans, you seem to forget that Zordon once said that the Power Rangers are "the greatest team of super heroes ever created". Being a Ranger is not something that can just be given to someone, it's their destiny. Every person that became a Ranger that fought for what's right was destined to be Rangers. Whether they were good people or jerks at times (like Eric/Quantom Ranger) or incompetent (like Ziggy) they still succeeded in saving the world, 2 worlds, the future, the universe, many galaxy's, and many dimensions. So Ziggy wasn't a 1st choice, but he learned to be good Ranger. Don't forget how he protected Dr.K from the Grinders in the season finale of RPM. He took them on by himself and succeeded.
  • You misunderstand me. I'm not complaining about Ziggy and the fact that he was a ranger, not at all. I liked Ziggy. Yes, he did what he needed to do to protect the Ranger Green morpher and definitely improved over the course of the season, there's no denying that, and he did have good qualities to him.

All I'm saying is that, realistically, given the importance of the RPM team and when you look at the rest of the team, Ziggy didn't really belong and, had the circumstances been different, he would not have been Ranger Green.
  • Given the matter of the season, I understand why they have a comic relief character, but at the same time, it didn't really fit for me as well.